So, Linda G. Hill wants me to make or talk about a list for Stream of Consciousness Saturday.
Regular readers already know I keep a gratitude list. I’ll leave that one alone.
Shopping list? No, probably not, although I can tell you that shrimp, yogurt and kettle chips were on the last one.
I’m 99% sure you do not want me to bore you with “my favorite foods” or “the names of all cats I’ve ever served” or “number of books I bought and still haven’t read” lists.
Instead, I am presenting an UnreaLISTic accounting of unmet needs from both Gibbs and his human, because we both have a number of unfulfilled expectations.
First up is Gibbs:
- An unending supply of cat kibble and wet chicken or fish glop in my food bowl 24/7.
- Undisturbed sleep, which means the human will never rise as long as I have sprawled myself over her lap.
- I wish the humans would stop telling me to “shut up.” I like to talk. Let me talk. Incessantly.
- Catching a bird daily and leaving it at the foot of the human.
- The ability to eat mackerel or whatever I want off the kitchen table.
- The ability to surf the kitchen table or counters whenever I want to search for food.
- Uninhibited access to the top of the kitchen cabinets. It’s the high point in the apartment, from which I can rule the kingdom.
- The human’s undivided attention, always. No typing blog posts or leaving me unless I’m sleeping.
- Did I mention an unending supply of cat kibble and wet chicken or fish glop in my food bowl 24/7?
- A large million-dollar palace and cushy gold throne. The apartment is okay, but I deserve so much more. Room to roam, to play and to sleep.
While Gibbs waits and waits and waits for his unreaLISTic desires to be met, I will share mine.
- A flat stomach, no wrinkles, no cellulite.
- The ability to eat whatever I want and never gain weight.
- Building muscles and stamina by writing blog posts.
- A strong, handsome and single Scottish highlander, about 6’2″, around 60 years of age, reddish brown hair, blue eyes, kind and compassionate.
- A strong, handsome and single Englishman, accent included, about 6’2″, around 60 years of age, brown hair, blue eyes, kind and compassionate.
- A single man, 5’8″ or taller, any age that doesn’t brand me a cougar, any color hair and eyes, kind and compassionate. Must be breathing.
- The constant determination to exercise, no excuses, if writing blog posts doesn’t work.
- Someone to make gourmet meals and do dishes every day, along with cleaning house (see 4-6 above).
- A free limitless supply of dark chocolate and craft beer.
- A log cabin in the middle of 25 acres of peaceful woods, two baby goats in pajamas, a dog, two cats and either 4, 5 or 6 above.
There you have it. The unreaLISTic desires, expectations and needs of yours truly and the Gibbster. We hold out hope that at least one item from our list can come true. Gibbs might see #10 if I buy a lottery ticket and win and I might see #10 realized if dreams ever do come true.
Stream of Consciousness Saturday is the brainchild of author Linda G. Hill. Every Friday, Linda provides her followers with an inspiring blogger’s prompt. It can be a word or words and sometimes bonus points are involved (my favorite). Linda asks us to write without editing, other than correcting spelling errors.
Just go with the flow.
Like a babbling brook or rain drops. Click HERE if this type of writing floats your boat or helps with your decision-making. Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is “list.” Make or talk about a list. Enjoy!
35 responses to #SoCS: The UnreaLISTic
Too unrealistic, Beth? 😁
Those seem pretty realistic to me. Keep sending out those vibes. Gibbs might just get you both i to a cushy palace, which I assume might come with a tall Englishman or Scotsman and all the help you would need as well as those other delicacies on your list. In short, aybe you should focus on making the cat’s dreams come true. 😉
I try every day to make Gibb’s dreams come true…short of buying the lottery ticket. I guess that’s where I”ve gone wrong…need to go to the gas station for tickets and start hoping for kitty castles and endless kibble. 🙃😼🤞
Without our dreams, we’d have no direction. Now, add chicken or fish glop and mackerel to your shopping list and stop telling Gibbs to shush. Jump to it girl, I heard there’s a tall Scotsman at the fish market,
Lol, we don’t have fish markets, only the guy with the truck full of seafood at the farmer’s market in the summer.
Gibbs already gets his daily chicken or fish glop. What he wants is an endless supply, served whenever he commands. Like he tried asking for at 3:55 am this morning.
Happy wishful thinking Saturday, Dan!
MuMu has been waking me up at 11:30, 1:30 and 2:48 this week to be brushed or scratched. She is so loud!
Oh boy! Do you respond to her command or ignore her?
If she comes up on the bed, I will scratch her to shut her up. Sometimes, she is waiting for me when I come out of the bathroom (stupid bladder) and then I brush her, because she goes where the brush is and screams!
Ha! We both have the good fortune of having cats that use their voices to get what they want or to drive us nuts! :-p
When all else fails, check “all of the above.” Because, if you have all the chocolates and beer and those three tall fellas, you’ll have plenty of exercise (nudge, nudge) AND blog fodder for the rest of eternity!
Oh boy, you make a great point, Maggie. I didn’t have an expectaton for all three men together, but while one is serving chocolate and the other is serving beer, I could have the third guy folding laundry…or something… 😏🙄🙂
Maggie–you crack me up where your mind goes!! 🤣🤣
Maggie, my mind is not too far behind yours…
Had to chuckle at the blog writing work out. It made me sit up straight and stretch at least. I always enjoy your cat perspectives and like how you’ve covered the bases with your desires. Best wishes with your tall, kind, and compassionate man. He’s on the way!
Thanks JoAnna. I’ll take your word on the tall, kind compassionate man being on the way. I hope he knows how to run… 😉
🙂 Or at least ride a bike.
Great lists – I commend you for both. Never compromise on your dreams – A highlander could have the acreage your looking for. Keep working toward the dream!
Gibbs and I will keep dreaming, Maggie. One never knows what will happen on any given day under the right circumstances. Christmas is coming!
Never give up. Who knows what lies just around the corner!
My cats think there is a typo in Gibbs list. It should be Realistic. They wondered what is this ‘unrealistic’ of which you speak?
Oh yeah, I have forgotten the word unrealistic is only in the human vocabulary. Cats expect anything and everything since they were once considered Gods and have never forgotten that. Their favorite words are “Human! Kibble! Love! I want! Now!”
LOL. Best post ever, Mary J. Sharing.
Happy Caturday & chin rubs to Gibbs. Hugs on the wing.
Glad I could provide a laugh, Teagan, but I am holding out hope for the three wisemen and a palace for Gibbs. 😁
Hugs back to you and Gibbs wants to let Crystal know she’s a pretty girl. 😻😼
LOL. Crystal would be happy to be a “cougar” for handsome Gibbs. At 14 she’d let him do all the counter-top jumping.
Gibbs says “it’s a deal” if he ever gets up the courage to travel. He hates the car.
You’ve inspired me to make my own unreaLISTic list. What a wonder mental exercise.
Make it good, Jill! High expectations and desires!
Gibbs is so very cat-practical with his list where your list made me laugh. Not that it wasn’t practical. I mean chocolate is an essential food group!
Chocolate IS essential, but I haven’t decided yet if it’s more essential than 4, 5 and 6. Have to think about that one…
May I subscribe to your list? Or, failing that, borrow 4, 5, or 6 from time to time? Also: 9.
Marian, you can subscribe to 9 and borrow 4, 5 or 6. I don’t mind sharing. 😉
“must be breathing” 😂😂😂
Yep, minimum requirement. 😁