I’ve spent a lot of money in the last ten months.
- A new comfy mattress – planned
- A sick cat, lots of trips to the vet, canned food, holistic supplements – unplanned
- A sore foot due to plantar fasciitis, which meant new shoes, inserts, trips to the chiropractor, doctor and massage therapist – unplanned
- New tires for the SUV – required for Wisconsin winters and the faux spring of 2018
- New eyeglasses – cuz everything looked this small with the old ones
I’m not telling you this to garner sympathy or raise a charitable donation for the GoMary Fund.
This is common life for everyone. No matter your age, gender, ethnicity, financial status, or favorite flavor of ice cream, we all find ourselves in a monetary situation from time to time. We can monitor our monthly expenditures until we’re blue in the face, but that will not save anyone from the unplanned and unexpected.
It feels like a lot of monkey business when we’re in the midst, but it’s never anything that a little worrying, praying and adult refreshment won’t remedy.
Oh, and going to work helps too.
Today, I’m almost caught up (knock on wood) with the expenses. A few more months and both the mattress and tires will be totally mine. The eyeglasses are almost mine. The cat and my foot are definitely mine and had better stay that way.
No demon expenses the rest of 2018 and all of 2019, okay?
Nothing breaks or requires medical attention.
No summoning of the evil money grifters.
Stream of Consciousness Saturday is the brainchild of author Linda G. Hill. Every Friday, Linda provides her followers with an inspiring blogger’s prompt. It can be a word or words and sometimes bonus points are involved (my favorite). Linda asks us to write without editing, other than correcting spelling errors.
Just go with the flow.
Like a babbling brook, ambling stream or running river. Click HERE if this type of writing floats your boat or helps with your decision-making.